09 May 5 Tips for Saving Money on Electricity Bills in Winter
Winter is Coming!
Here are some tips on how you can save your business some money on your electricity bill this winter.
1. Use the sun to your advantage. Let the sun shine through into your home or office to use as additional heat at no extra cost.
2. Shut your doors and windows. Ensure that everything is tightly closed to avoid the heat escaping. Also, close off any rooms that don’t need to be heated to keep the warm air in the areas that you are using.
3. Clean your heater regularly. If you’re heater is clogged with dust and grime, it can take up to 15% more energy to power it. Have it serviced a couple times a year to avoid excess energy usage.
4. Adjust the settings on your computers and printers. Doing something simple like setting your computers to sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity can save you up to $75 a year for each of your computers.
5. Choose energy efficient light bulbs. This will help keep your space lit up during those gloomy winter days for less.
(Image via https://elonahome.com/white-desk-designs/)